Independent Contractor Agreements Lawyer Northridge, CA
Independent contractor agreements define the terms under which a contractor will provide services to a business. While independent contractor agreements can protect the individuals who are working for a business, they are also crucial to protecting the business that has hired that contractor.
If your business will be hiring independent contractors at any point in the future, the trusted Santa Clarita and San Fernando Valley business attorney at the Law Offices of Darrell C. Harriman can help you draft comprehensive independent contractor agreements to appropriately protect your business. You can learn more about your options for independent contractor agreements by contacting us today.
Independent Contractor Agreements in Mission Hills, CA: What Should Be Covered?
Although the specific terms of independent contractor agreements should be tailored to a business and its needs, in general, the following are some of the most important terms and issues that should be covered by well-drafted independent contractor agreements:
- The specific work or services that will be provided by the independent contractor.
- The qualifications that an independent contractor has to provide the work in question.
- The compensation the independent contractor will receive for this work.
- How often independent contractors will be paid and how these payments will be made.
- Whether independent contractors may be eligible for benefits from a business (in addition to monetary compensation).
- The party responsible for providing the equipment or materials independent contractors may need.
- How long the independent contract will remain under contract (or how long the contract will be in effect).
- Whether independent contractors can hire their own staff to complete the work in question.
- Whether independent contractors may be barred from working for a business’ competitors while completing work for the business.
- How disputes that may arise between independent contractors and business are to be resolved (i.e., whether these disputes must proceed through mediation or arbitration).
San Fernando Valley Business Attorney at the Law Offices of Darrell C. Harriman Handles Independent Contractor Agreements
Do you need assistance developing an independent contractor agreement for your business? If so, don’t hesitate to contact the trusted San Fernando Valley business attorney at the Law Offices of Darrell C. Harriman. For more than 34 years, our San Fernando Valley business attorney has been dedicated to providing his corporate clients with personalized, highly responsive service, as well as superior representation for their business legal matters.
When people make the smart choice to move forward with our San Fernando Valley business attorney, they can be assured that they will:
- Receive clear answers and information about their case.
- Have an experienced, skilled lawyer listening and responding to their legal concerns.
- Have the best possible representation for all of their business legal needs.
Contact an Experienced Chatsworth Freelance Contracts Attorney Today
Let’s talk about your business legal needs today. You can contact our firm by calling (818) 462-8355 or by filling out the contact form on this page.
From our offices based in North Hills, we provide the highest quality legal services to our clients throughout the San Fernando Valley, Simi Valley, Santa Clarita and the greater Los Angeles area.